Hayley Wickenheiser at PIHL 2018 | Pyongyang Ice Hockey League (PIHL 2018)
- April 3, 2018
- Posted by: hifl
- Category: All, Blog, Photo
This year’s #PIHL was extra special for the Howe International Friendship League. We were joined by the truly legendary Hayley Wickenheiser, a hockey player whose accomplishments include (but are far from limited to):
* 6 Olympic appearances (summer and winter)
* 4 Olympic gold medals
* 7 World Championships gold medals
* Member of the International Olympic Committee
* Widely viewed as the greatest player in the history of women’s hockey
During her time with us in North Korea, Hayley ran practices for both the men’s and women’s national hockey teams. She even stood behind the bench for our first game against the men’s team. Off the ice, we met with officials to discuss the prospect of bringing North Korean hockey players to WickFest in the fall.
Those of you who attended the Pyongyang Ice Hockey League 2018 had the pleasure of meeting one of Canada’s finest athlete ambassadors – the one and only Hayley Wickenheiser, AKA the G.O.A.T.