Friendship League Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Howe International Consulting Group LTD to help plan your Friendship League trip. The purchase of travel, accommodation, insurance or other products or services (“Travel Packages”) through Howe International Consulting Group LTD constitutes an Agreement between the Customer (“You”, “Your”, “Purchaser”, “Participant”) and Howe International Consulting Group LTD (“Friendship League”, “We”, “Our”). The following Terms and Conditions form part of that Agreement, as does the Friendship League Waiver and Media Release Form, the information set out on the relevant page of the Friendship League website, and any additional conditions that may apply as stipulated by the Friendship League. These Terms and Conditions affect your legal rights, including your right to sue. Please make sure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
Friendship League acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers (“Suppliers”) that provide overnight accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with the itineraries it arranges (“Services and Activities”). These Services and Activities are subject to the terms and conditions of those Suppliers as well as those contained herein.
We do not accept legal liability or responsibility for any Services and Activities provided by any Supplier. If for any reason Suppliers are unable to provide the Services and Activities as contracted, your remedy lies only with the Suppliers.
Some Suppliers may require you to sign a liability waiver prior to participating in certain Services and Activities. Refusal to agree to any terms and conditions or to sign a waiver as required may result in the cancellation of Services and Activities, the inability to participate in said Services and Activities, and/or the forfeiture of amounts paid for Services and Activities.
At times, we rely on information provided by Suppliers to help you make informed decisions, but do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Friendship League will not accept legal liability or responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of misinformation provided by a third party. Personalized travel requests (seat or room allocations) cannot be guaranteed. Itinerary times and dates may change even after full payment is received. We do not represent that and Services and Activities or other products will be suitable for you.
Provided that trip pre-requisites are met, you can book a Tour Package any point after a registration link is posted on the Friendship League website. A 30% deposit will be required at the time of booking to hold a position on a tour unless a higher deposit amount is specified on the relevant page of the Friendship League website. If you are seeking to make a deposit payment by a means not available on the Friendship League website you must first contact the Friendship League office. Upon receipt of an intention to pay a deposit, the Friendship League will place a provisional hold on a tour position for 72 hours to allow time for the payment to be received. If the Friendship League accepts your booking, an email confirmation will be provided and this Agreement will come into force. Friendship League reserves the right to not accept any booking at their complete discretion. If Friendship League does not accept your booking for any reason, a full refund will be provided excluding any bank fees.
You must provide Friendship League, by email, the following information no later than seven days after booking and 48 hours prior to the tours departure:
- Insurance information
- Special requests (ie. meal requests)
- Medical conditions or concerns about disabilities (physical mobility etc)
- Emergency contact information
- Applications, visas and passport copies (if indicated in the Tour Brochure)
- Signed Friendship League Waiver and Image Release Form
Surcharges and Refunds
Tours costs have been calculated based on the information available to the Friendship League at the time of booking. If the costs incurred by the Friendship League rise, or if adverse currency exchange rates apply, Friendship League reserves the right to increase the fees for the Tour Package to a maximum of 5% of the advertised cost. Friendship League will provide you with a full explanation for the change in fees as soon as possible, and will not increase the fees later than 60 days before the tours departure. If Friendship League is required to adjust Tour Package fees by more than 5%, you will have the option of receiving a full refund excluding bank fees.
What’s included in your Tour Package
The base price of your Tour Package includes:
- All accommodation as listed in the Tour Brochure
- All transport listed in the Tour Brochure
- Sightseeing and meals as listed in the Tour Brochure
- The services of a group leader as described in the Tour Brochure
- International or internal flights unless specified
- Airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges unless specified
- Meals other than those specified in the Tour Brochure
- Visa and passport fees unless specified
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities and all personal expenses
- Gratuities in addition to those provided on your behalf by Friendship League at their discretion
- Any equipment needed for activities, including sports equipment, unless specified
- Jerseys or team uniforms unless specified
In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and information contained on the relevant Friendship League website page or Tour Brochure, the information on the website page and Tour Brochure should be considered the sole authority concerning what is included in Tour Package. For all other matters, these Terms and Conditions should be considered the sole authority.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all our travellers and is the solely your responsibility. The Friendship League does not provide insurance coverage for you. Your travel insurance must provide cover against:
- Personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover
- The participation in all sports, activities and other items listed in the Tour Brochure, as well as all similar activities (in case of an adjustment to the itinerary)
- Coverage specific to the country(ies) in which the tour will be operating
It is also strongly recommended that you obtain coverage for cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide your travel insurance policy number and the insurance company's 24-hour emergency contact number by the first day of your trip; a failure to do so will result in your removal from the tour and forfeiture of any payments made.
Changes to Travel Packages and Cancellations by Friendship League
While Friendship League will endeavor to operate all tours as described, the nature of Friendship League tours requires considerable flexibility. Friendship League reserves the right to cancel, change or substitute Travel Packages for any reason at our complete and absolute discretion. The itineraries provided for each trip are representative of the types of activities contemplated, but the sports hosts/competitors, route, schedules, facilities, amenities, modes of transport, and all other aspects may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to changing circumstances or events. If changes to the Tour Package or itinerary are needed once the tour has commenced, Friendship League will endeavor to ensure that alternative arrangements comply as closely as possible with the descriptions contained in the Tour Brochure and the needs, desires and opinions of tour participants, but Friendship League is not obligated to do so, and will not provide compensation or refunds. If a Major Change to the Tour Package or itinerary is made prior to departure, you will be informed and have the option to either continue with the new itinerary (paying additional fees or receiving a refund/credit as determined by price differentials), or to cancel your Tour Package and receive a full refund less transaction fees. A required adjustment will be only be considered a Major Change if it fundamentally undermines the core nature of the tour experience. You will be notified of Minor Changes as deemed necessary by Friendship League, but will not be entitled compensation or the option to cancel your Tour Package. A tour offered by Friendship League, at their sole discretion, will only operate if the minimum number of participants have paid the required deposit. Information about the minimum number of participants needed for a tour to operate will be provided by Friendship League on request. If a tour is cancelled due to low registration, Friendship League will inform participants no later than 14 days prior to the tours departure date unless otherwise stipulated. Any deposits or additional payments made for tours that are cancelled by Friendship League will be returned in full, unless the cancellation is the result of Force Majeure, in which case Friendship League reserves the right to deduct unrecoverable costs from refunds. Friendship League is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that you incur as a result of a cancelled, changed or substituted Travel Package or itinerary, including visas, vaccinations, non-refundable or non-changeable flights or rail, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, bank charges, insurance fees, or any other cost related to such cancelled, changed or substituted Travel Package. It is highly recommended that you purchase insurance to provide protection against such losses. Please note that with all refunds, Friendship League will not be held liable for any bank charges.
Cancellations by You
If you cancel for any reason, your deposit will be forfeited. Late cancellations will incur an additional fee based on the number of days remaining before the tour departure date. Additional fees for late cancellations will be as follows:
Up to 60 days before departure: Deposit
30 – 59 days before departure: 50% of tour cost
8 – 29 days before departure: 75% of tour cost
7 – 3 days before departure: 90% of tour cost
48 hours before departure: 100% of tour cost
Cancellation takes effect from the day in which email notification of cancellation reaches the Friendship League office. Refunds will not be provided if any circumstances require you to leave a tour early, and any additional expenses incurred as a result of your early departure will be incurred by you. All Tour Packages are non-transferable.
Please note that with all refunds, Friendship League will not be held liable for any bank charges. Friendship League reserves the right to deduct any non-refundable costs and expenses incurred (such as hotel bookings) from refunds regardless of the length of time remaining before departure.
Removal from Tour
Friendship League reserves the right to remove you from a tour, or before departure for any reason, including under the following circumstances:
- If it is believed that your presence is dangerous to other participants, Friendship League staff or the local community
- If it is determined that your presence could be detrimental to the Friendship League as a company
- If you provide the Friendship League with false information at any point
- If you’re abusive towards anyone
- If you fail to adhere to local laws and customs
- If your participation is deemed to be detrimental to the experience of other tour participants
- If you refuse to follow protocols, advice, and directions from the Friendship League Tour leaders
If you are removed from a tour for any reason, before or after departure, Friendship League will not provide any refunds or compensation. Any additional expenses incurred as a result of removal will be your responsibility.
Additional Responsibilities and Concerns for You to Note
- Friendship League (Howe International Consulting Group LTD) is registered in British Columbia, Canada, and will primarily take advice from Canadian embassies. It is recommended that you research the recommendations and guidance offered by your own government prior to purchasing a Tour Package. Friendship League will not provide additional refunds or compensation to you if your government changes its recommendations after the purchase of a Tour Package. Standard processes will apply as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Tour Brochure, it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary personal travel documents for travel, including visas and a passport that meets the requirements of all countries on the itinerary. If Friendship League has arranged for visas or invitation letters on your behalf, it is your responsibility to ensure that the information is correct.
- It is your responsibility to consult a General Practitioner or other qualified medical professional to assess your fitness for the tour and any precautions that you should take, including vaccinations.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have brought everything necessary for your safe, full, and fun enjoyment of the tour. This includes appropriate clothing, sports equipment, medications, toiletries and other travel supplies. Recommendations listed in the Tour Brochure are not an exhaustive list of what is needed, and should not be considered as such.
- In additions to the items and exclusions contained in the Friendship League Waiver and Media Release form, the Friendship League is not liable or responsible for:
- Anything that happens prior to your arrival at the declared meeting point, and after your arrival at the tour end point.
- Your own negligence or carelessness while on the tour.
- Any medical problems or physical difficulties, regardless of if you provided Friendship League with prior notice.
- Any services or products purchased by you that were not listed in the Tour Brochure or otherwise explicitly included in the Tour Package, even if they were arranged by a Friendship League representative or tour guide.
- Reasonable changes that Friendship League makes to the itinerary, including products and services offered such as accommodation, meals and transport.
- Any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of you participation in a Friendship League tour.
- Any loss resulting from your failure to arrive on time at designated meeting points at any time during the tour. This includes failures to arrive resulting from delayed or cancelled transportation, failures to obtain appropriate personal travel documents, or if you are denied entry to a destination country for any reason.
Friendship League Gives Back
Friendship League is not a registered charity or NGO in any country, and does not represent itself as such. Unless otherwise specified on the relevant page of the Friendship League website or in the Tour Brochure, Friendship League will decide what proportion of tour fees, if any, will be allocated to the impact program for each individual event, and reserves the right to adjust proportions at any point, including after the event has occurred.
Information about each events impact program will be contained in the Tour Brochure. All decisions relating to the impact program will be the sole responsibility and discretion of Friendship League, and Friendship League is not obligated to consult with event participants (you) for any aspect of the impact program.
If for any reason, Friendship League determines that an impact program should be cancelled or substantially altered after the sale of a “Tour Package”, you are not entitled to any compensation. Friendship League may, at its discretion, re-allocate funds to an alternate impact program.
The Agreement and these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada and you and Friendship League submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in British Columbia, Canada for the resolution of any dispute under these Terms and Conditions or concerning any Tour Packages, product or service.
These Terms and Conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Claims and Arbitration
Both Parties agree to approach any disagreements in good faith and attempt to mediate prior to engaging in arbitration or litigation.
Any dispute, failure to agree or claim between the Parties arising out of or in connection with this agreement, or in respect of any legal relationship associated therewith or derived therefrom, will be finally resolved by arbitration under the applicable Rules of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The tribunal will consist of one arbitrator appointed in accordance with the said Rules. Except for the appeal process under the BCICAC Rules, the parties agree that they will not appeal any arbitration decision, or decision of an Appeal Tribunal, to any court. The seat/place of arbitration will be Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirements that correspondence be in writing.
- Friendship League is not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third-parties.
- Complaints after a tour has finished should be directed to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the tour has ended, so that Friendship League can attempt to rectify any situation. Friendship League encourages you to raise any concerns during a tour with a Friendship League representative or tour guide immediately.
- Friendship League does not provide any guarantees that the transportation on the tour will depart and arrive at the times specified in the tour itinerary. Friendship League is not responsible or liable for any loss incurred as a result of cancelled or delayed transportation provided on the tour.
- Friendship League does not make any representation that all services will comply with local laws and regulations, and failure to comply does not mean that Friendship League or Suppliers did not exercise reasonable skill and caution.
- Friendship League is only responsible for the actions of employees and representatives committed pursuant to responsibilities assigned to them by the Friendship League.
- Laws, culture and standards (safety, hygiene, transport, accommodation etc) in the countries visited on the tour may vary greatly from those in your home country. Friendship League is not responsible or liable if standards on the tour do not meet your expectations.
- Unless otherwise listed, all accommodation is based on double (or greater) occupancy. If you book as a solo traveller you may incur additional expenses for a private room. If, as a solo traveller, you ask the Friendship League to provide you with shared accommodation (where available), Friendship League will not be liable for any negative interactions, loss, or injury resulting from the individuals sharing your accommodation.
- You agree to reimburse Friendship League for any expenses incurred while providing emergency assistance to you regardless of whether you requested it. This includes any additional transportation needed, international phone calls, first aid supplies, and more.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Friendship League reserves all rights to amend the Terms and Conditions on a regular basis or as the need emerges, and at the sole discretion of Friendship League. If amendments are made to the Terms and Conditions, Friendship League will post the revised Terms and Conditions on its website www.friendshipleague.org.